Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Bio.




So I'm Amber (Leigh) Crawford. I was born in Paducah, KY, moved to Memphis when I was two years old, moved to Columbia, TN (mule town capital of the world) when I was 11, and
now I'm back in Memphis for hopefully at least the next few years. I have two older brothers: Lane Crawford (who just graduated from U. of Memphis in December) and Ryan Crawford (who is currently a junior here at the University as well.) My dad is the cheesiest but most laid-back man I know. He works for the Boy Scouts of America as a District Executive...or something. Yes, he occassionally goes on camp outs and yes he wears unnecessarily short shorts, long green socks, and a ranger hat.

I've loved reading and writing ever since, well, I could read and write.
I was highly involved in high school, particularly senior year, with soccer, Future Business Leaders of America (I was the president!), DECA club, Signal Staff, Stylus Editorial Board, National Honors Society, Beta Club, working the school coffee shop and bookstore, volunteering at the Red Cross, and running a Journalism Explorer post my dad and I arranged at our local newspaper. That's where I discovered that I never ever wanted to work for a newspaper. So, my dad suggested public relations, and I went along with it since I love organizing events, writing, and networking. I'm not great at public speaking, and frankly it scares me to death, but I love it.


I like sports to a dangerous degree. Currently, I play soccer, volleyball, and ultimate frisbee. I'm a Titans, Memphis Tigers, and Arkansas Razorbacks...hardcore fan. I actually busted my best friend's head open with a chair over a UT/Arkansas game. Long story. I enjoy cooking, facebook, movies, watching The Office, and taking pictures with my friends. My favorite artists include The Eagles, Brand New, Miranda Lambert, Third Eye Blind, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, BEN KWELLER, Paul Simon, The Fray, Dashboard Confessional, Corrinne Bailey Rae, Snow Patrol...I could go on and on. But I won't.


"The lion at the zoo is a pitiful site. The king of beasts is eating processed food, while you can see deep down in his soulful eyes, that he misses the thrill of the hunt."

--Dave Ramsey
I love that quote, but it makes me sad. Really, I just didn't know how to conclude.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber...Nice first post. My fiance is/was an Eagle Scout. Would love to hear more about Journalism Explorer sometime.

    ReplyDelete